top of page

Reunite with Your Loved One in Australia

Australia offers various spouse visa options to enable partners to live together in the country, whether you are a student, on a work visa, or an immigrant. These visas are designed to promote family reunification and ensure that couples can build their lives together in Australia. Here's an overview of the spouse visa options

Subclass 500 - Student Visa: If you are studying in Australia on a Subclass 500 Student Visa, you can include your spouse as a dependent on your visa application. This allows your spouse to live and work in Australia for the duration of your study program.

Spouse Visa for Student Partners

This visa is for partners of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens. It includes a temporary visa (Subclass 309) that leads to a permanent visa (Subclass 100) once the relationship has been assessed.

Partner Visa (Subclass 309/100)

Subclass 485 - Temporary Graduate Visa: If you are on a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485), you can include your spouse as a dependent on your visa application, allowing them to live and work in Australia during your post-study stay.

Spouse Visa for Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Holder

Subclass 408 - Temporary Activity Visa: If you are in Australia on a Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408), your spouse can apply for a Subclass 408 visa as a dependent family member to join you during your stay.

Spouse Visa for Temporary Activity (Subclass 408) Visa Holders

Various Work Visas: Depending on the type of work visa you hold, there may be options for your spouse to join you in Australia. Requirements and eligibility can vary, so it's essential to check the specific visa subclass and requirements for your situation.

Spouse Visa for Work Visa Holders

The duration of spouse visas can vary widely depending on the specific visa subclass and your circumstances. Some visas may initially offer temporary residence, followed by a pathway to permanent residency.

Visa Duration